- 4 medium sized crabs (fresh or frozen)
- 4 teaspoons of Trikalinos bottarga powder
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp of grated ginger
- ½ of a fennel (finely chopped)
- ½ a clove of garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 glass of Malagouzia wine (or Chardonnay)
- 150 ml of water
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- zest and juice of ½ of a lime
- 4 tbsp of mustard sprouts
- natural sea salt and freshly ground pepper for seasoning
Saute the onion in olive oil (in high heat). Once it turns to translucent, add the garlic, ginger, fennel and crab and stir for 2 to 3 minutes. Deglaze with the wine and once the alcohol evaporates, add water, salt and pepper, lower the heat (to medium-low) and cover the pan with a lid.
10 minutes later, remove the crabs from the pot, carve their belly with a knife and keep them warm. Increase the heat, add the butter and stir until it will be incorporated into the sauce, add the juice and zest of the lime. Stir for a minute more and add the bottarga powder. Remove the pot from the heat.
Serve in a bowl, a ladle of sauce, a piece of crab and finish the dish with the mustard sprouts.